Web servers are vulnerable to thousands of attacks every day due to the increasing number of web applications, plugins, and software that run through the servers. Web applications are the biggest threats to server security, as two-thirds of attacks are due to web applications. Web Application Firewall (WAF) is vital for servers and businesses to deal with complex attacks and hackers exploiting vulnerabilities. Basic firewalls cannot secure and lock the server entirely from web applications to monitor, filter, and block unwanted incoming and outgoing traffic on the web server. Thus, features such as Content Management System (CMS), the latest platforms, and server management tools are crucial to run businesses smoothly.
What is BitNinja?
BitNinja is a web server security tool having the most powerful defence mechanism from attacks and attackers/ hackers. It is easy to install and simple to use this tool that does not require maintenance. BitNinja learns from each attack and automatically applies the information to the system to protect all BitNinja protected servers. Due to the self-learning capability of BitNinja, it is becoming powerful with each attack.
BitNinja has separate modules for different aspects of web attacks. Website developers, digital agencies, hosting providers, server owners, and others looking for internet safety can use this security solution.
Why Choose BitNinja Security WAF 2.0?
BitNinja WAF 2.0 module is Nginx reverse proxy-based. It uses minimal resources and does not affect the speed of the website. It implements new rules/ ruleset to mitigate new kinds of vulnerabilities and can be applied on-page/ domain through a domain pattern system. BitNinja WAF 2.0 protects the server from the following:
- Code injection attacks (PHP injections, SQL injections, Shell injection, cross-site scripting, and so forth)
- WordPress and WordPress plugin vulnerabilities
- Joomla vulnerabilities
- Botnets (for example, Hexa, Peppa)
- Drupal vulnerabilities
As BitNinja WAF 2.0, a single solution can protect all types of server cyberattack risks. It is best to use it as a WAF.
How to Block Web Attacks with BitNinja Security WAF 2.0 with E2E Cloud?
BitNinja is a hybrid of a cloud-based and an on-premise web security solution that uses different modules to different security aspects for the server. BitNinja WAF 2.0 all modules have intercommunication channels that help prevent and detect malicious attacks with 360-degree protection solutions. Let’s see the different ways to protect the server using BitNinja WAF 2.0:
- Enable BitNinja for nodes
- Activate BitNinja while creating nodes: E2E cloud provides BitNinja protection during node creation through users’ E2E accounts. Users can find sub-menu ‘Nodes’ and ‘Manage Nodes’ under the ‘Products’ menu. One can ‘Add New Node’ and then ‘Create Compute Node.’ After creating a node, one can enable BitNinja security tools and protect the node from numerous cyber-attacks.
- Activate BitNinja for running nodes: If one skips enabling the BitNinja Security tool while creating an E2E node, it can be activated on a running node. A sub-menu ‘Manage Nodes’ under the sub-menu ‘Nodes’ of the ‘Products’ menu, a particular node can be selected to enable BitNinja.
- Enable BitNinja for load balancer
- Activate BitNinja during load balancer creation: After creating an account on the E2E cloud, go to the ‘Manage Load Balancer’ sub-menu under the ‘Products’ menu. Click on ‘Add New Load Balancer’ that goes to the ‘Create Load Balancer’ page. After creating the Load balancer by choosing the image and the plan, it directs the user to the final stage of creating the load balancer, enabling the BitNinja security tool. A BitNinja activation notification can be received via email.
- Activate BitNinja for running load balancer: When Load Balancer is launched on the E2E cloud without enabling BitNinja WAF 2.0, one can activate BitNinja security on the running load balancer. Go to ‘My Account’, click on the ‘Products’ menu. Select ‘Manage Load Balancer’ and then select the load balancer to which BitNinja should be enabled.
Different Platforms Supported by BitNinja
The different platforms supported by BitNinja are as follows:
- CloudLinux 5
- CloudLinux 6
- CloudLinux 7
- RedHatEnterpriseServer 5
- RedHat 6
- CentOS 5
- CentOS6 32/64 bit
- CentOS 7
- Debian 6 32/64 bit
- Debian 7 32/64 bit
- Debian 8 32/64bit
- Ubuntu 10
- Ubuntu 12 32/64 bit
- Ubuntu 13
BitNinja provides various features including the following:
- Honeypots (Port Honeypot and Web Honeypot)
- Intrusion detection (WAF and Log Analysis)
- Malware detection and removal
- IT reputation (CAPTCHA, collective intelligence, Black/Whitelist management, Basic and advanced IP reputation)
- DOS protection (DoS Detection, DoS Mitigation, and AntiFlood)
E2E Cloud’s BitNinja Protection
E2E cloud offers BitNinja security tools under Security-as-a-Service. It provides real-time protection to Linux servers from cyber attacks. It is an all-in-one solution provided by E2E cloud, which upgrades its services automatically and improves the security performance with each attack.
For more information or for a free trial- https://bit.ly/2LI5NZf, Mail: email@example.com or call 9560089589