When it comes tomanaging the server for an application or a website, we needsomething that helps us do what you need to do with the least effortrequired. The most commonly suggested control panel for Windows OS isPlesk.
Plesk is a tool designed to develop, run, and secure apps and websites. The Plesk panel is very similar to cPanel and WHM but runs on Windows OS as well.
It comes along with various features like:
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Accounts
- Manage multiple domains easily
- Unlimited Email accounts
- Broad security levels across OS, Network, and Apps.
- A one-click tool to install and manage Wordpress websites
- Can easily install a third-party tool
DDOS attacks are more common in the Windows server. According to an article, sending HTTP/2 requests results in a temporary spike to 100% of the machine's CPU until it is fixed. This security issue affects all window OS. It is noted that the updates released by them do not define any values by default, and admins must do it themselves.
The issue in Microsoft IIS could lead to severe problems for organizations using IIS for their website or applications. The patches are released to fix the issue, but it is up to the IT team to configure IIS and update it.
In such cases, Plesk can help and provide a secure and reliable platform by continuously filtering traffic through DDoS protection appliances. Therefore, the servers can be instantly protected when an attack begins. They detect and prevent DDoS attacks in 90 seconds or less.
Plesk provides various security features as follows:
- Fail2Ban: It is designed to protect the server from authentication attacks. It keeps a check on server log files for seeking exploits, patterns related to authentication failures, and other entries that can be considered suspicious.
- The incoming network connections can be protected via the Plesk firewall, which is vulnerable to the server's security.
- ModSecurity is a firewall used for Web applications. It checks every incoming HTTP request and the related response with a set of rules, and if the check succeeds, it passes the request to the website to fetch the content.
- To make the server more secure, you can restrict access from a specific IP address.
- Plesk provides various filters like SpamAssassin to protect the mail from spam.
Thus, most of the companies who are into website development, application development, digital marketing, E-Commerce, and various other sectors are adapting to the Plesk control panel with windows server for a more secure platform.
For more details, check our Windows Plesk Cloud servers here