Security and server both go hand in hand. Apparently you can get infrastructure from cloud providers with few of the security measures like WAF, Malware Detection etc but not all security measures come in a single pack. Fully Secure servers are being provided by few of them.
Security-as-a-service is a vital aspect to safeguard the server from not only malicious attacks, also from different kinds of threats which could affect the server performance and the data.
BitNinja is an All-in-one pack, not only gives protection to linux servers on a real time basis but also protects from cyber attacks.
Who really uses Bitninja?
Anyone who wants to secure the server from different kinds of attacks can use it. Mostly, Website Developers, hosting providers, Digital Agency use the same but again if your website, data are most likely on a vulnerable side, it is advisable to use it. As it is a maintenance-free security solution.
Different types of platforms supported by Bitninja :
Ubuntu 12 32/64 bit, CentOS6 32/64 bit, CentOS 5, CentOS 7, Debian6 32/64 bit, Debian7 32/64 bit, Debian 8 32/64bit, CloudLinux 6, CloudLinux 5, CloudLinux 7, RedHatEnterpriseServer 5, RedHat 6 and up, Ubuntu 10, Ubuntu 13 and up
All modules can intercommunicate with each other to prevent, detect malicious attacks. It comes with 9 Detection/Defense modules, listed as below :
- Port Honeypot : Generally attackers attack deep scan on your server, this module detects the same to avoid vulnerabilities. BitNinja will open 100 random ports which act like honeypots, to expose malicious IPs by faking existing services on the server.
- IP Reputation : One of the other ways used by BitNinja is IP Reputation, a very effective way to secure the server. It creates a different set of IP lists which grants security on different levels i.e. whitelists, greylists and blacklists
- DoS Mitigation : It Monitors concurrent incoming and outgoing connections. Instead of blocking the source it drops the connection and greylists the attacker’s IP address.
(D)DOS attacks are blocked by it via TCP based protocols i.e HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SSH
Most common web servers that are compatible with BitNinja are Apache, NginX, TomCat, GlassFish and many others.
- Web Application Firewall : Basically it monitors, filters and blocks incoming traffic on HTTP protocol. It acts like a security shield against common web hacks like SQL injections, session hijacking etc.
It is NOT compatible with Ubuntu < 14.04, Debian <= 6.0 (Squeeze), CentOS/CloudLinux <= 5
- Log Analysis : It analyses the log files on your server and blocks malicious actions immediately on the basis of suspicious behaviour
- Web Honeypot : it is similar to port honeypots and comes with one expectation – compromised files can be replaced with honeypot scripts. Honeypot traps on PHP based websites can be set using this module
- Malware Detection : This is next layer of defence after Honeypot and Web Application Firewall to stop the attackers infecting your server from script injection, vulnerability exploitation of WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc
- Outbound WAF : It scans only real-time outgoing connections and has built-in HTTP proxy solution
- SSL Terminating/Anti Flood : It prevents the system from flooding with incidents.
E2E Networks Cloud is available with BitNinja Security for our esteemed customers.
Kindly try BitNinja here