How does Secure - Not Secure site looks? Here is how secure & not secure websites looks after release of Chrome 68. www.example.com is not secure www.e2enetworks.com is secure
What does it mean?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. HTTP (note: no "s" on the end) data is not encrypted, and it can be intercepted by third parties to gather data being passed between the two systems. Without HTTPS, any data passed is insecure.
Should YOU worry?
Yes, have a look at browser market statistics of June 2018. Source: https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php You can check the chrome release history here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_version_history
How to Solve?
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) appears in the URL when a website is secured by an SSL Certificate. "SSL" stands for secure sockets layer -- which creates a secure encrypted connection between the web server and the web browser. The details of the certificate, including the issuing authority and the corporate name of the website owner, can be viewed by clicking on the lock symbol on the browser bar.
HTTPS Setup Process!
- Take a backup of your site
- Purchase and SSL Certificate and a dedicated IP
- Configure hosting with SSL Certificate
- Change all website links to HTTPS
- Implement 301 redirects on a page-by-page basis
- Update htaccess applications, such as Apache Web Server, LiteSpeed, NGinx Config and your internet services manager function (such as Windows Web Server), to redirect HTTP traffic to HTTPS
- Set up an HTTPS site in Google Search Console and Google Analytics
Good News! You can use E2E Networks My Account to order SSL Certificate for your website. Check our Pricing Plans here. If still not sure, just call us on +91-11-3001-8095 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll help you out! Thanks for reading. If you have any suggestions, please use the comments section below.
Author: Kesava Reddy