Basics of SSL Certificate Installation on cPanel Server
Many networks offer automated installation of SSL certificates on your cPanel server. E2E Cloud is one of the leading networks that offer unlimited installation services and does not specify the type of certificate you must install. You may or may not purchase an SSL certificate beforehand from a service provider. You can install this certificate either way on your cPanel server.
What is a cPanel Server?
cPanel server is probably the fastest and most high-speed automation platform used by developers and businesses to streamline processes and bring efficiency to performance.
You can easily get started with the E2E Cloud cPanel server. With cPanel, you can access multiple tools that create a high-speed automation experience and ease the functioning of all server management tasks. As a developer or business leader, your core objective is to enhance customer experience, and cPanel helps you do just that by helping you build every little aspect for website engagement and the resultant user experience.
With cPanel, you can easily manage a hundred different features with one click. It also allows the customer to steer the experience while you play the role of a facilitator. Imagine how this fast-paced platform can open up new opportunities for your business and expand the revenue-generating potential by giving you access to third-party plugins and white label software, among others.
How to Install SSL Certificate on cPanel Cloud Server
For installation of SSL certificate on your cPanel cloud server, you need to consider two scenarios:
- Scenario 1: You have not purchased the SSL certificate from a provider.
In this case, you need to first get yourself a private key and Certificate Signing Request or CSR.
- Steps to Generate A Private Key and CSR:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Security section on the home screen.
- Select SSL/TLS from the drop-down list.
- Click on Private Key or KEY.
- Click on Generate/View/Upload/Delete Your Private Key.
- Select Generate Your Private Key.
- Add a description in the Description Box.
- Make sure the Key size is set to 2048 bits.
- Click Generate for cPanel to generate your Key.
- Your Key will be displayed on the screen.
- You are now ready to move to the next part of generating the CSR.
- Once you have generated the Private Key, click Return to SSL/TLS.
- Select Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) from the drop-down.
- Click Generate/View/Delete SSL Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- On the CSR page, in the Key list box, select the same description as the one entered in step VII.
- Select the desired domain that needs security with the certificate in the Domains text box.
- Remember to select the correct domain name.
- Fill the remaining details in the boxes of the CSR page and click Generate.
- cPanel will generate and display the CSR on your screen.
- You can simply copy this CSR text and submit to the SSL certificate provider to receive the certificate.
- Scenario 2: You already have an SSL certificate from E2E Cloud along with a private key and CSR.
In this case, you need to install the private key using cPanel.
- Steps to Install A Private Key Using cPanel
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Security section on the cPanel homescreen.
- Select SSL/TLS.
- Go to the Private Key (KEY) section, click on Generate/View/Upload/Delete Your Private Keys.
- On the Private Key page, select Upload a New Private Key.
- You can upload the key in one of two ways:
- Paste the key text, type a description, and click Save.
- Select Browse to find the .key file on your system, type a description, and click Upload.
- Once this is done, click Go Back.
- Select Return to SSL/TLS.
- Your SSL certificate is now ready to be installed and enabled for your website.
SSL Certificate Installation and Activation
This is the final stage of installing and enabling your SSL certificate for your website. Needless to say, you should be ready with your private key and CSR to complete this final step. Ideally, you should have a SSL certificate that E2E Cloud provides, in which case you have to install the certificate separately for each domain following these steps:
- Click Generate/View/Upload/Delete SSL certificates under Certificates (CRT) on the SSL/TLS page.
- You can upload a new certificate by pasting your certificate text and typing a description or by uploading the .crt file from your computer.
- Return to the SSL/TLS page and click Manage SSL sites under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS).
- Upload the .crt file from your computer for cPanel to auto-fill the CRT and KEY boxes.
- Select the domain you wish to secure in the Domain list box.
- Select CABUNDLE if your certificate needs a Certificate Authority Bundle. Otherwise, leave the box blank.
- By clicking on Install Certificate, cPanel starts the installation, and you will get a message saying SSL Host Successfully Installed on your screen upon completion.
- Don’t forget to click OK to exit the installer.
You are now ready to enjoy the benefits of an SSL certificate for better website performance.
To Know more register here: https://bit.ly/3wOe44f