“Line-of-business leaders everywhere are bypassing IT departments to get applications from the cloud (also known as software as a service, or SaaS) and paying for them like they would a magazine subscription. And when the service is no longer required, they can cancel that subscription with no equipment left unused in the corner.” ~ Daryl Plummer, Managing Vice President and Distinguished Analyst at GartnerRoughly 5 out of 6 large businesses list cloud computing as one of their top innovation priorities.A report by McKinsey states that IT leaders appear to be less satisfied with their business ability to innovate & want to take it to cloud computing.
As you start your voyage, here are a top 9 reasons why Cloud Technology is a smart move right from the beginning
- For startups/SMEs the traditional hardware proves expensive & ties up a lot of capital — both in terms of procurement and maintenance. Switching to the cloud provides better service and computing choices to the business thus offering a value for money compute model.
- Time to Market
- Cloud speed-up the application development and overall processes. Business can provision servers quickly and flexibly to meet the demands. Another important factor is quality which is a clear benefit for businesses switching to cloud computing.
- Cloud solutions offer simplicity by helping the businesses to integrate their on-premise infrastructure with cloud or run their complete operations on the cloud. Cloud computing subscriptions, IaaS, PaaS services create a more manageable, cost-effective solution for startups & SMEs.
- The ability to scale or to quickly provision a server during high-demand situations certainly drops the business barriers. This is adorable, cloud technology is a business enabler, rather than just a bunch of gimmick tools.
- Cloud can rapidly accelerate your efficiency. The businesses can experience significant performance improvements. From efficiency gains to improved processes, cloud computing can pace the progress while avoiding big-capital expenses.
- The trend in computing started with a single device followed by some dumb terminals. It shifted to computers with a network and now it’s all about network-based computing through Wi-Fi, Mobile data or expanded networks. The cloud is the key to freedom, we are no longer tied to a single server.
- The overall reliability is an important metric by which a technology might fall or rise. The situations like server outage, crash, failure can happen to any Start-up/SME. This can harm your clients, employees, cost as well as hard-earned reputation earned over a period of time. The cloud reliability model aims to let users access their data and files at all times. This ensures a reliable, safe and fail-proof system all the time.
- And that’s a respectable feature. For every type of Start-up/SME business the cloud security is like getting a booster shot of enterprise-level security.. It’s a situation similar to ‘’herd immunity’’ where every application or service is immunised against security attacks. This will also help in making a better ecosystem of services and apps, meaning more demanding and subsequently better options for all the Start-ups/SMEs
- Simplified Model
- Cloud computing world allows start-ups/SMEs to minimize the cost of executing an idea. If it flops, they’re not left ruined. That lets business person cycle through innovative ideas more rapidly, trying out their ideas with right-set of compute and finally hit a sweet spot when they are successful
What should start-ups or SME business consider before moving to the cloud?
While the above benefits are easily achievable migrating to the cloud, you shouldn’t rush to migrate instantly. It is recommended to do your research and identify a provider with service and support to match your requirements.Most start-ups and entrepreneurs in India go with the likes of big computing players as their primary choice BUT being attached with these global giants would hurt in terms of cost, privacy laws, price to performance ratio, USD denominated prices, vendor lock-ins and more which would be visiblenot in a short span but during the long run. Moreover, when you want to switch to another provider it would be difficult to migrate as you would have tied completely to your provider. Therefore, a due diligence is a must before choosing a cloud provider.E2E Networks is an Indian Cloud Provider & believes in the philosophy of “We Do It For You”. At E2E, we have vast experience in implementing and managing infrastructure for the web, mobile, or enterprise-centric workloads. Our latest generationCloud InfrastructureandCloudOpsservices can help you change the way your organization works. Our provenCloud Agnosticplatform has helped and served 100’s of start-ups and businesses in India to close the technological gaps that they encountered during their journey. A smart approach can yield great results that build momentum to get your business off the ground.Experience the difference with E2E on the #Cloud and get #FutureReady.Don’t wait! Get on a call with our Cloud Computing Specialists on +91-11-3001-8095 to get your customized solutions designed or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org just your name, email or contact number, our team will contact you to help & quickly get started.]]>