Did you know there are about 8.2 million Python developers in the world today? Python has been deemed one of the world’s most sought-after languages, with a demand growth rate of 456% in the past year!
So, E2E Cloud brings you a complete end-to-end range of products and services to work on these trending technologies seamlessly. Python is one of the fastest-developing programming languages of the twenty-first century and has dominated the technological sector from all fronts. Therefore, we are here to guide you with installing Python on Ubuntu 20.04 efficiently so that you can explore the vast scopes of this versatile language! Get our services at E2E Cloud today and enjoy a high rendered performance at an affordable price!
Ubuntu is a free and open-source operating system for Linux. First released in 2004, it is now available in the Desktop, Server, and Core Editions.
System requirements for installing Ubuntu involve:
- CPU specifications: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM size: 1 GB or more
- Disk size: 2.5 GB minimum
- Internet Connection
- DVD Driver or USB Port
These are the significant features Ubuntu provides:
- Free and open-source
- Customizable GUI
- Software programs like Firefox, Chrome
- Office Suite called LibreOffice
- In-built email system called Thunderbird
- Free applications for editing photos
- Inbuilt applications to share and manage videos
- Smart search feature
Like any other programming language, Python is also a general-purpose programming language equipped with functional libraries for development purposes. It is dynamic, interpreter based and has gained interest over recent years within the commercial world, with many people showing interest in development. This increased curiosity to learn the language is driven by several different factors:
- Reduced Code Complexity: Its flexibility and simplicity make it easy to learn.
- Platform Dependent: It does not require compilation to machine language, and hence, we need not worry about proper linking and loading into memory. The same code can be executed on any platform of your choice.
- Modular Programming: The availability of a wide range of libraries (modules) that can be used to extend the basic features of the language.
- Open Source: It is free!
Python is used by novice programmers as well as by highly skilled professional developers. It is being used in academia, at web companies, in large corporations, and financial institutions.
Its usage spans across the following spheres:
• Web Development: Python is used to make interactive web applications and enhance the UI experience for users.
• Software Development: Python is efficiently used to develop GUI software using socket programming and databases.
• Big Data: Python is used to manage and analyze large quantities of data and perform complicated mathematical computations.
• Education: Python is an excellent language for teaching programming, both for beginners and professionals.
• Desktop GUIs: The Tk GUI library is used to handle graphics and design for web applications.
• Business Applications: Python is also used to build firm relational models for businesses that help generate and predict eCommerce trends.
How to Install Python in Ubuntu
Congratulations! You’re ready to install the most powerful, easy-to-read programming language: that’s Python, of course.
Python is pre-installed on Linux-based systems. We will now understand how to install Python on Ubuntu OS:
- The first thing to do is to find out the version of Python installed on the system. We can find this by issuing the following commands.
Here, the –v option specifies what version of Python is installed. The screenshot shows the output of the above commands.
The second command is used to see version 3 of Python installed.
- To install the latest updated version of Python, we use the following command :
sudo apt-get install python3
The above command will download the necessary packages for Python and have them installed.
Now let us see how we can install the latest Python 3.9 using a few simple steps:
- The first task is to update the Python packages and begin the installation process for the prerequisite packages:
- Now, the source list of the server is merged with the dead snakes PPA:
When the prompt appears, click the Enter button to continue.
- Now the repository is activated, and Python 3.9 can be installed by executing the following command:
- To check if the installation was successful, we use:
Python 3.9 is now installed on your Ubuntu system, and a suitable Python environment is ready. You can now write your first code!
This article has described the procedure to install Python on your Ubuntu 20.04 OS. These steps will conveniently guide you through the entire process. Check out the premium offers and services of E2E networks. You can get the on-the-go payment scheme via our long-term plans. We have servers in India that provide efficient servers functioning with minimum latency for Indian end users. Head to our website to know more!
Signup to evaluate E2E Cloud: Credits Request Form: https://www.e2enetworks.com/cloud-credits-request-HF/