- What is the uptime provided by E2E Networks?
E2E Networks makes every reasonable effort to make the Included Products and Services each available with at least 99.95%* up-time
- Is it possible to customize cloud servers?
No, we don’t offer customized cloud servers. However, if you want customized cloud servers then it is possible to customize dedicated servers.
- What are the Web Hosting and Cloud Computing Control Panels that E2E Networks provide?
We provide Virtualmin & Webuzo which are more secure control panels currently in the market after carefully sorting and testing all available control panels. While there may be a slight learning curve in switching to these panels but they can do everything that any other panel does.
Virtualmin – Virtualmin is a Webmin module which allows extensive management of (multiple) virtual private servers. You will be able to manage Apache, Nginx, PHP, DNS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mailboxes, FTP, SSH, SSL, Subversion/Git repositories and many more.
You can check the demo of the control panel – http://www.virtualmin.com/demo
Webuzo – Webuzo is a single user control panel/Application Manager which bundles many server-based Applications and scripts that makes it much easier to use. It is very similar to cPanel control panel. It comes with a control panel and an application installer which allow you to install applications with a single click. It supports 200+ web apps and is adding more as well. It also has Domain Management Capabilities, MySQL Management, phpMyAdmin, FTP Support, etc.
- How do you manage the failovers?
We will help you in making redundant architecture so that upgrade or scaling can be done without or very less downtime. In case of a catastrophic failure, we can replace the hardware in 4 hours.
- What are external security measures taken at the data-center?
Following are the security measures taken at the data center for the safety of data and servers:
Camera: CCTV surveillance cameras
Security Guards: 24×7 on-site security presence
Building Access: Photo ID required
Room Access: Access card and biometric authentication
Virtual Compute Nodes
- I have a new account, how many Virtual Compute Nodes can I launch on my default credit limit?
You can launch up to 25 Virtual Compute Nodes via the E2E Networks ‘MyAccount’ Panel
- How can I increase the limit on the number of Virtual Compute Nodes I can run?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team shall run you through the process of increasing the limits by converting to a post-paid account.
- How can I resize a Virtual Compute Node?
Open a support ticket with email@example.com by emailing us. We’ll schedule a downtime and upgrade it as per your convenience.
- Would the IPv4 addresses assigned to my cloud instances change after rebooting the server?
Public and Private IPv4 addresses assigned to you will not change after rebooting a cloud instance
- Do I get root access to my node?
We enable you as a root user and will email share the root access credentials on your email.
- I did not receive a welcome email / I forgot my password. Can you resend it?
Please use the support section inside your MyAccount to generate a support ticket for Cloud Platform team and we’ll reach out to you.
- Why didn’t I receive a root password via Email (I didn’t use ssh-keys)?
Please use the help buttons inside the MyAccount to generate a support ticket for Cloud Platform team and we’ll reach out to you.
- I no longer require an account, can I de-activate & archive my account?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org via your account’s primary email to de-activate your account. However, you’ll continue to have access to your E2E Cloud Invoice Portal even after the account is de-activated since you may need access to invoices/account balance statement for tax purposes.
Yes, mirrored RAID-10 or RAID-1 setups are present on all servers to protect against failure of 1 disk at a time.
We offer you a CDP (Continuous Data Protection) backup plans which backup your entire server minus excluded directories as per a backup schedule.
Using CDP, we take a snapshot of the entire filesystem onto the backup server in highly compressed CDP disk safe format. When the CDP agent is run for the first time, it does a complete sync of the system.
Each new backup is incremental for the changes made to your server between current backup and last backup thus speeding up the process and decreasing the load which occurs due to the backup process running on the server.
- Is my server at E2E Networks automatically backed up?
We do not recommend you to keep a backup on your node. If your machine gets corrupted or destroyed due to any reason then these backups are lost. This is worse than having no backups at all as it gives you a false sense of security and when there is a catastrophe from which data is recoverable it takes far more time to recover data than from a machine which is not used as a version control system.
- But you have RAID-10 or RAID-1 on all your servers which means a mirrored copy of data is always present? Why do I still need a backup plan?
While mirrored RAID setups are present on all the servers and it can protect against failure of 1 disk at a time but it won’t protect against the following scenarios:-
1. Corruption of data due to a security compromise on the machine
2. Accidental deletion or corruption of data by someone in your team with access to your primary data stores and database ( say via phpmyadmin )
3. A catastrophic hardware failure due to which two or more disks get damaged at the same time, this can make even a RAID-10 un-recoverable.
It is best possible practice to keep a CDP backup for data protection against any uncertainties.
- What is a Zoho mailbox?
Zoho is part of a complete online office suite with hosted email for mail addresses under your domain name. You can avail up to 50 mailboxes free of cost using Zoho.
- How can I sign up for a mailbox using Zoho?
Refer the below-mentioned article to set up Zoho mailboxes for your domain:
- I have successfully changed my DNS records but the changes aren’t reflecting?
When you make changes to your DNS records, it takes some time to propagate the changes.
- How long does it take to refresh my DNS cache?
The DNS cache takes a certain amount of time to fully refresh. We suggest you wait for 24 hours for the DNS to be refreshed according to the Time To Live(TTL). Time to live (TTL) is used for DNS servers to reflect the changes after a certain period of time or number of iterations or time taken by the data before it should be discarded.
- I have set up the TXT records in my DNS settings but my emails are landing in SPAM?
The 3-email security standards SPF, DKIM, and DMARC hold a lot of importance & implementing them correctly can help to reduce your emails landing in SPAM & avoid sender fraud.
- What are SPF Records?
Adding an SPF record to your zone file will eliminate spammers and bounce back to your domain.
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records are public records on your website that authorize servers to send mail with your domain details (like @mydomain.com). SPF protocol will check the sending server’s domain and help to make sure your emails are landing in the inbox from a legitimate source thus preventing the sender address forgery.
- Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM)
DomainKeys Identified Mail is a TXT record published in your Domain Name System (DNS).
In DKIM there are public keys (Known to everyone) and private keys(secret) which are mathematically linked to ensure a secured public communication channel.
With DKIM authentication each outgoing Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server needs the correct private key and prefix to verify and match a receiving server public DNS record.
- Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC)
DMARC was developed to limit email-based abuse. It works by enabling the sender to validate that their messages are protected with SPF and/or DKIM. If an email does not pass SPF/DKIM authentication, then DMARC policy applies instructions to reject or junk it with a report of PASS and/or FAIL DMARC evaluation.
- Which operating system do you support?
E2E Networks GPUs supports CentOS & Ubuntu OS.
- Do I need a driver for GPUs?
E2E GPU Nodes are designed to jump-start your GPU Computing with optimized and Integrated software stack, including TensorFlow, GPU drivers, and NVIDIA CUDA for various workloads.
- What is needed to get Tensorflow working for Machine Learning?
You can easily get components to speed up your machine setup.
To quickly start with Tensorflow you can visit –> Pre-Configured Resources
- What to do when GPUs stop working intermittently?
Try rebooting the server once. You can contact us if the issue persists.
- What E2E’s GPU instances can do?
E2E Networks GPU’s offer high performance and cost-effective means for compute and graphics-intensive processing power. E2E Networks Cloud GPU’s can boost Artificial Intelligence, Deep learning, HPC & other massively parallel workloads.
- How many applications can I run at the same time?
E2E GPUs do not enforce any limit on the number of applications you can run at the same time.
- What factors can affect the performance of GPUs?
There are many factors that may affect the performance of GPUs instances such as bandwidth, the complexity of workload, size of the operations and other factors. Always ensure that your workload & infrastructure requirements match properly. Under-provisioning or Over-provisioning will not help.
- How can I get my login information for my cPanel interface?
You will receive an e-mail containing your cPanel interface credentials once you launch a CP-Series node. In case you have not received your cPanel credentials then please get in touch with our support team.
- Unable to login to cPanel through mail received?
If you are unable to login cPanel, kindly ensure –
- Do I have to purchase a license for cPanel/WHM?
No, you don’t have to pay for cPanel license as it is bundled in cPanel series.
- I already own a cPanel license, can I use my existing license?
You cannot use your own license on cPanel CP-Series. However, if you already own a cPanel license and want to use it then you can use your existing license on our other Virtual compute nodes.