- What is the up-time provided by E2E Networks?
E2E Networks makes every reasonable effort to make the Included Products and Services each available with at least 99.95%* up-time
- Is it possible to customize cloud servers?
No we don’t offer customized cloud servers.However,if you want customized cloud servers then it is possible to customize dedicated servers.
- What are the Web Hosting and Cloud Computing Control Panels that E2E Networks provide?
We provide VirtualMin & Webuzo which are more secure control panels currently in the market after carefully sorting and testing all available control panels. While there may be a slight learning curve in switching to these panels but they can do everything that any other panel does.
Virtualmin – Virtualmin is a Webmin module which allows extensive management of (multiple) virtual private servers. You will be able to manage Apache, Nginx, PHP, DNS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mailboxes, FTP, SSH, SSL, Subversion/Git repositories and many more.
You can check the demo of the control panel – http://www.virtualmin.com/demo
Webuzo – Webuzo is a single user control panel/Application Manager which bundles many server-based Applications and scripts that makes it much easier to use. It is very similar to cPanel control panel. It comes with a control panel and an application installer which allow you to install applications with a single click. It supports 200+ web apps and is adding more as well. It also has Domain Management Capabilities, MySQL Management, phpMyAdmin, FTP Support, etc.
- How do you manage the fail overs?
We will help you in making redundant architecture so that upgrade or scaling can be done without or very less downtime.In case of a catastrophic failure, we can replace the hardware in 4 hours.
- What are external security measures taken at the data-center?
Following are the security measures taken at the data center for the safety of data and servers:
Camera: CCTV surveillance cameras
Security Guards: 24×7 on-site security presence
Building Access: Photo ID required
Room Access: Access card and biometric authentication
Virtual Compute Nodes
- I have a new account, how many Virtual Compute Nodes can I launch on my default credit limit?
You can launch up to 25 Virtual Compute Nodes via the E2E Networks ‘MyAccount’ Panel
- How can I increase the limit on the number of Virtual Compute Nodes I can run?
You can email us at email@example.com and someone from our team shall run you through the process of increasing the limits by converting to a post-paid account.
- How can I resize a Virtual Compute Node?
Open a support ticket with firstname.lastname@example.org by emailing us. We’ll schedule a downtime and upgrade it as per your convenience.
- Would the IPv4 addresses assigned to my cloud instances change after rebooting the server?
Public and Private IPv4 addresses assigned to you will not change after rebooting a cloud instance
- Do I get root access to my node?
We enable you as a root user and will email share the root access credentials on your email.
- I did not receive a welcome email / I forgot my password. Can you resend it?
Please use the support section inside your MyAccount to generate a support ticket for Cloud Platform team and we’ll reach out to you.
- Why didn’t I receive a root password via Email (I didn’t use ssh-keys)?
Please use the help buttons inside the MyAccount to generate a support ticket for Cloud Platform team and we’ll reach out to you.
- I no longer require an account, can I de-activate & archive my account?
Send us an email to email@example.com via your account’s primary email to de-activate your account. However, you’ll continue to have access to your E2E Cloud Invoice Portal even after the account is de-activated since you may need access to invoices/account balance statement for tax purposes.
Yes, mirrored RAID-10 or RAID-1 setups are present on all servers to protect against failure of 1 disk at a time.
We offer you a CDP (Continuous Data Protection) backup plans which backup your entire server minus excluded directories as per a backup schedule.
Using CDP, we take a snapshot of the entire filesystem onto the backup server in highly compressed CDP disk safe format. When the CDP agent is run for the first time, it does a complete sync of the system.
Each new backup is incremental for the changes made to your server between current backup and last backup thus speeding up the process and decreasing the load which occurs due to the backup process running on the server.
- Is my server at E2E Networks automatically backed up?
We do not recommend you to keep a backup on your node. If your machine gets corrupted or destroyed due to any reason then these backups are lost. This is worse than having no backups at all as it gives you a false sense of security and when there is a catastrophe from which data is recoverable it takes far more time to recover data than from a machine which is not used as a version control system.
- But you have RAID-10 or RAID-1 on all your servers which means a mirrored copy of data is always present? Why do I still need a backup plan?
While mirrored RAID setups are present on all the servers and it can protect against failure of 1 disk at a time but it won’t protect against the following scenarios:-
1. Corruption of data due to a security compromise on the machine
2. Accidental deletion or corruption of data by someone in your team with access to your primary data stores and database ( say via phpmyadmin )
3. A catastrophic hardware failure due to which two or more disks get damaged at the same time, this can make even a RAID-10 un-recoverable.
It is best possible practice to keep a CDP backup for data protection against any uncertainties.
- What is a Zoho mailbox?
Zoho is part of a complete online office suite with hosted email for mail addresses under your domain name. You can avail up to 50 mailboxes free of cost using Zoho.
- How can I sign up for a mailbox using Zoho?
Refer the below-mentioned article to set up Zoho mailboxes for your domain: